Challenge Partner Information
What's a Hackathon?
Hack & Marathon + Hackathon
What is a hackathon about?
A hackathon is a collaborative software and hardware development event.
Hackathons have specific tasks and are technology related.
The aim of a hackathon
To jointly create useful, creative or entertaining software products within a limited period of time.
Participants come from different areas of the software or hardware industry and work on their projects in cross-functional teams.
At the end of the event, the teams present their results and receive awards.
- First implementation in 2018.
- Friday evening to Sunday evening.
- 4 Challenge Partners (companies) present a challenge (from their company) to the approximately 120 IT brains present.
- They work on it for 48 hours and then present their solutions.
- Each challenge has a winner. There will also be an overall hack winner team.
- The prizes for the Challenge winners will be provided by the company. The prizes for the Hack Winner Team will be awarded by the organizer.
Your Company in Focus
What Challenge does your Company face?
- Receive innovative solutions for the challenges submitted!
- Are there any topics or ideas that you would like to address, develop or validate?
- 100 – 150 people take up the challenge!
- During 48 hours, creative, interdisciplinary teams deal with the challenge and develop highly committed and unconventional solutions.
- It will be a unique and inspiring framework to create innovative solutions that are unthinkable in a conventional environment.
What should a Challenge look like?
The broader a challenge is formulated, the broader the result will be. If you already have concrete ideas, then you should formulate them.
What we and the participants need:
- Description of the company (2-5 sentences) *
- General description of the challenge (5-10 sentences) *
- Description of the problem (3-6 sentences) *
- Context and background
- Requirements for the solution (minimum one sentence) *
- Further notes (e.g. Links)
A few examples of how a challenge can be formulated can be found here: https://www.hackwinterthur.ch/challenges/
* = required
We can help!
DO YOU NEED SUPPORT IN FORMULATING YOUR CHALLENGE?
We offer unwavering support to collectively work out possible challenges. You can find more information on how a challenge could look like and what should be included in the description below.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to discuss the ideas for your challenge.