When do we start?
We’ll open our doors for you on Friday, October 22th, at 3:00 pm at the Technopark Winterthur. The opening ceremony will get started at 7:00 pm. Until then, you can already check-in, pick up your badge and have dinner.
And off you go!
How to communicate?
The slack channel will be the main communication channel throughout the event. You and your team will communicate and work together via this Slack workspace.
In order to get started on time, please download the slack app and join the channel before the event. For your own fun make sure everything is working.
Where to sleep?
You have the following sleep options:
- You take your sleeping mat with you and make yourself comfortable in our sleeping zone. That way you won’t miss any second of the event. A sleeping bag is provided by or partner, Noser Engineering.
- The hostel Depot 195 is just around the corner. Book you room here.
- We have set up a sleep exchange on the slack channel. There you can search for a place to sleep or offer your hacker friends one.
- Of course you can always sleep at home if you live nearby.
What to pack?
The most important things are your computer and charger. We will provide free food and drinks. Everything else can be found on this packing list:
- Laptop & Charger
- Phone & Charger
- Adapter for screen connection
- 2-3 t-shirts
- 2-3 pairs of underwear
- 2-3 pairs of socks
- Pants / Sweatpants (if you like it fluffy)
- Comfortable sportswear for a activity session
- If you sleep at the Technopark Winterthur: Sleeping mat / Blanket / Pillow (or whatever makes you fall asleep)
Divers / Optional:
- Keyboard / Mouse
- USB key(s)
- Pencils / Paper
- Personal toiletries
Can I start my project beforehand?
Only projects started at the hackathon will be eligible for prizes, as it would be unfair otherwise.
How do I join a team?
You can arrive solo and meet up with others to form a team at the event, or you can build your group beforehand and come to the event as a team.
How large can teams be?
You can hack with as many people as you like! However, only teams of 4 or fewer are eligible to win prizes.
What if I don’t know how to code?
You are still welcome! Bring your expertise. We need product managers, designers, data scientists, business minds, and more! As long as you come willing to learn and ready to contribute ideas, you can contribute to a team.